pluriBead is an innovative separation technology for the isolation of cells, proteins, viruses, bacteria and a variety of other targets from whole blood, cell culture, cord blood and other heterogeneous biological fluids. The tools are versatile in application and form the basis of research in cancer, rheumatic illnesses, arteriosclerosis and allergies.
- Fast procedure:isolation in 30 – 50 minutes
- No special equipment needed:no magnet, gradient centrifuge, or FACS
- Any starting material:whole blood, buffy coat, PBMC, tissue homogenate, etc.
- Isolate 2 targets simultaneouslyand up to 6 sequentially from a sample
How It Works
- Cell isolation for gene expression and protein analysis:RNA and protein profiles of cells change over time after blood sample collection. pluriBeads allow specific cell isolation in physiological conditions within 10 minutes, thereby minimizing cell stress.
- Cell isolation for cell stimulation and differentiation: pluriBeads provide a gentle cell separation method to preserve the cell’s differentiation potential.
- Multi-target cell separation:Different bead and sieve sizes can be stacked together, allowing separation of multiple cell types in one cascade. Up to 6 targets can be isolated from a single sample.
- Isolation of proteins, bacteria, viruses, or anything that can be targeted by an antibody
Typical Separation Profile (CD8 Example):
Minimum 96% purity and 95% viability
Ready to start? See our Product Selection Guide.
pluriBead Cell Separation – Selection Guide
pluriBead is an innovative separation technology for the isolation of cells, proteins, viruses, bacteria and a variety of other targets from whole blood, cell culture, cord blood and other heterogeneous biological fluids. It is non-magnetic and utilizes a sieving mechanism for target separation.
To start isolating your cells (or proteins, bacteria, etc.) with pluriBeads, you will need these two components:
- pluriBeads with the correct antibody for your target, and
- the appropriate Reagent Kit for your pluriBeads
Step 1: Choose your pluriBeads
- Determine yourspecies of interest
- Determine thecell surface marker for your cell type (see Table 1 for common markers)
- Choosebead size (see Table 2 for recommendations):
- Use S-Beads for small number of targets in large sample volume
- Use M-Beads for large number of targets in small sample volume
- To customize your own pluriBeads, choose Universal pluriBeads and conjugate your own antibodies
Example: To isolate B cells from a human whole blood sample, you would need the Anti-human CD19 pluriBeads (Table 1), and you would choose S-size bea
View all available pluriBeads
Step 2: Choose a reagent kit
The Reagent Kit includes all accessories (strainers, buffers, plastics) that you will need in addtion to the pluriBeads. Choose a Reagent Kit based on the size of your pluriBeads.
- Mini Reagent Kit for S-pluriBeads(5 separations)
- Maxi Reagent Kit for S-pluriBeads(10 separations)
- Mini Reagent Kit for M-pluriBeads (5 separations)
- Maxi Reagent Kit for M-pluriBeads (10 separations)
Step 3: Isolate your target
Follow the user manual and isolate your target in less than an hour!
Need help choosing the right products? Contact Us
Table 1: Available Common Cell Surface Markers
CD117(Hematopoie-tic progenitor cell)
Table 2: pluriBead Selection Guide
Table 3: Constituent of 1 mL Human Whole Blood