- coli RecA protein (352 AA, 38 kD) plays critically important roles in homologous recombination, recombination repair and regulation of cellular responses to DNA damage (SOS response). RecA promotes auto-cleavage of LexA repressor by its co-protease activity after DNA damage, and induces many proteins related to DNA repair, including RecA itself (1).
- Western blot (1/3,000 dilution)
- Immunoprecipitation (1/600 dilution)
- Indirect immuno-fluorescent staining (assay dependent)
- ELISA (assay dependent)
Immunogen: Highly purified full-length recombinant E. coli RecA protein
Purity: The anti-serum was first adsorbed with extract of recA deletion strain and affinity-purified with purified RecA protein conjugated with agarose beads.
Form: Antibody solution at 1.0 mg/ml in PBS with 50% glycerol, filter-sterilized
Storage: Ship at 4°C or -20°C, and upon arrival, briefly centrifuge and store at -20°C.
Data Link UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot P0A7G6 (RECA_ECOLI)
- Friedberg EC et al. DNA Repair and Mutagenesis 2nd Ed. ASM Press